After-care instructions following fillers treatment.
We want you to have the very best results following your treatment with dermal fillers. In order to help you achieve this, we have written this leaflet to give you some information on what to expect and some after-care instructions.
What to expect:
• You may experience some redness, bruising, swelling, stinging or mild tenderness around the treatment site. These are all normal and will begin to fade over a few hours to days. If you are on aspirin or other blood thinning medications, there is an increased risk of bruising which may also last longer.
• You may feel a “firmness” in the treatment areas for a few days. This may depend on the area of treatment and the product used but over time, it will soften and feel more natural.
We recommend the following after-care instructions:
• Do not touch or massage the treatment areas. There is no need to massage the product, unless instructed to do so by your practitioner.
• Avoid excessive movement of the treatment areas for the first few hours and for up to 2-3 days. Avoid strenuous exercise for the first 24 hours.
• Avoid wearing make-up for the first 12 hours after your treatment. Use gentle sweeping motions when you cleanse your face or apply make-up to avoid excessive movement of the treatment areas.
• Avoid drinking alcohol for at least the first 12 hours as it can contribute to bruising and swelling.
• Avoid prolonged sun exposure, UV rays and temperatures below 0°C for the first 2 weeks after your treatment. Always wear a high factor sun block on your face.
• Wait until the initial swelling or redness has resolved before you use sun beds, saunas or steam rooms.
• We recommend that you wait until at least 2 weeks before having any skincare or laser treatments.
The duration of the treatment effect depends on the product used and also varies between individuals. The fillers we use at La Belle Forme usually last on average between 6-12 months. When you notice the results of your treatment wearing off then please book another appointment for a repeat treatment. If you have any questions or problems before we are next due to see you, please call the office on 0141 552 0828.