BOTOX TREATMENT AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
We want you to have the very best results from your Botox treatment and have written these after-care instructions to help you achieve this. We recommend the following:
- Avoid touching, massaging or any pressure on the treatment areas for the first 4 hours as this may change the placement of the Botox and cause undesirable effects. If you need to reapply makeup in the first 4 hours, do so gently.
- You may experience some small red dots or minor bruising around the injection sites. This is normal and will generally fade after a few hours. If you are on aspirin or other blood-thinning medications, there is an increased risk of bruising which may also last longer. If you have any bruises, you can apply Arnica Gel or cream to the area.
- Do not lie down for the first 4 hours in order to avoid the risk of pressure on the treatment areas.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for at least the first 12 hours as it can contribute to bruising and swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or activities that might cause the Botox to be displaced (e.g. yoga) and sun exposure for the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid having a facial for 24 hours.
- Do not take any long-haul flights for 24 hours.
We hope that you will be happy with the result of your Botox treatment but the full effect of the treatment may take up to 5-6 weeks.
If this is your first Botox treatment at La Belle Forme, we will see you back in about 2 weeks to see the effect on your individual muscles and can make any refinements if necessary.
This will also help us to create an individualised treatment plan for you to get the very best results in future treatments. The duration of the treatment effect varies between individuals but can last up to 4 months. It cannot be repeated within 3 months.
When you notice the results of your Botox wearing off then please book another appointment for a repeat treatment.
If you have any questions or problems before we are next due to see you, please call the office on 0141 552 0828.