Delighted with his prestigious award, Mr Shoaib was keen to thank his colleagues for their support. He said, “Thank you to the amazing team at all the La Belle Forme clinics … who do all the hard work and allow me to simply turn up to work and go home at the end of the day.”
Cosmetic Surgeon of the Year 2018
Twelve of the UK’s foremost Plastic Surgeons made it to the shortlist for the Plastic Surgeon of The Year Award. Nominations were submitted by customers, patients, and colleagues of those shortlisted. The emphasis, however, was on consumer nominations. Safety in Beauty believes that customers and clients speak the ‘real truth’ in terms of the professionalism and the service provided by those nominated. All finalists were shortlisted because they demonstrated commitment, excellence, passion and dedication in at least one or more of the following consistent outstanding clinical results:
- Outstanding Customer Service.
- Excellent clinical care, communication and after care.
- Participation in educational events, topics and campaigns dedicated to safety.
- Commitment and involvement in raising professional industry standards.
- Commitment to self-improvement via continual professional development.
- Press/PR and Social Media involvement in raising awareness of safety and educating the public and creating awareness of unsafe activities and news topics.
- Involvement in charitable and pro-bono work for public cause relating to industry work.
- Reputation and recommendation consistent and strong.
- Dealing with victims of adverse or botched cosmetic procedures’ in a compassionate, supportive and helpful way.
Each year The Safety in Beauty Campaign recruits a panel of industry experts and professionals to help steer and ensure the campaign runs efficiently with adequate medical, legal, and psychological expertise.
All the advisory panel members provide their services on a voluntary basis with no financial remuneration or compensation. Safety in Beauty says that all their work is purely voluntary. The expert advisory panel members were also judges for the Safety in Beauty Diamond Awards.
Advisory Panel 2018
- Medical Negligence Solicitor, Mandy Luckman, Founding Patron of The Safety in Beauty Campaign.
- Dr. Hilary Jones, Health Editor of Daybreak, author, presenter and TV personality.
- Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Fulvio Urso-Baiarda.
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Rita Rakus.
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Dan Dhunna.
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Beatriz Molina.
- Doctor of Medical Aesthetic Procedures, Michael Prager.
- Aesthetic Nurse Practitioner and Prescriber, Helen Blanchard.
- Dentist and Facial Aesthetics Practitioner, Milad Shradooh.
- Medical negligence solicitor, Cheryl Palmer Hughes.
- Specialist solicitor in product liability, Kevin Timms.
- Industry educator & developer, Sally Durrant.
- Permanent makeup and medical tattoo educator & developer, Karen Betts.
- Integrative Consultant Psychotherapist, Norman Wright, Safety in Beauty Voluntary Patient & Public Support Advisor.
- Inspirational Woman of the Year 2011, Rheagan Hendry, Safety in Beauty Voluntary Patient & Public Support Advisor.
- Campaigner, Dawn Knight, Safety in Beauty Voluntary Patient & Public Support Advisor.
Safety in Beauty was launched in October 2013 by Antonia Mariconda. The Safety in Beauty Campaign supports member of the public by allowing them limited free access to emotional, legal and medical advice and support. The campaign is run by voluntary supporters and professionals who generously donate their time for the greater good of the campaign objectives. To find out more about The Safety in Beauty Awards click here
In 2017 and 2015 Mr Taimur Shoaib was awarded best cosmetic surgeon in Scotland at the MCA awards, and in 2018 was awarded the most influential person in the industry in Scotland.