While at Canniesburn he was awarded a Fellowship in Plastic Surgery from both the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, as well as the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
Following entry onto the UK Specialist Register in Plastic Surgery on the 1st August 2013, he subsequently undertook a 1 Year Post-CCT Orthoplastic Hand Fellowship in Birmingham Hand Centre in 2013–14 and has successfully completed the European Diploma in Hand Surgery (2013) and the British Hand Diploma (2014).
Thereafter this he undertook a 1 Year Post-CCT Breast Reconstruction Fellowship in Vancouver, Canada which also afforded further cosmetic surgery experience. Being dual fellowship trained has afforded Mr Chatterjee a breadth of expertise.
On return to the UK he was appointed in July 2015 as a Locum Consultant Burns & Plastic Surgeon at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Buckinghamshire, prior to a substantive Consultant appointment in Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle for 2 years.
Mr Chatterjee returned to Scotland in 2017 to open a new Plastic Surgery Unit at NHS Lanarkshire where he commenced a new Breast Reconstruction service and was appointed Clinical Lead for Skin Cancer.
Mr Chatterjee has several research publications and was awarded MSc in Wound Healing and Tissue Repair from Cardiff University in 2007. He is involved in Training of Plastic Surgeons, is faculty instructor on several postgraduate courses and is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Glasgow.
As part of his practice at La Belle Forme, Mr Chatterjee offers cosmetic surgery in the following areas:
- Breast Surgery (Augmentation, Reduction & Nipple Correction)
- Liposuction to the Body
- Ear Surgery , Including Ear Correction and Ear Lobe Repair
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Removal of Skin Lesions and Moles
Mr Chatterjee holds the following Professional Memberships:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
- Full Member of the British Society of Surgery of the Hand
- British Medical Association
- Medical & Dental Defense Union of Scotland