Overview of Position:
The role of clinic Receptionist is key as this person is often the first person a new client is likely to come into contact with when engaging with the company and it is important that this initial contact is a positive experience.
The majority of the Receptionist’s time will be spent manning the reception area and this person is viewed as the face/personality of the company. The Reception team will take responsibility for ensuring that the public areas are clean and tidy at all times and that all information racks and leaflet dispensers are filled regularly, and that hospitality supplies and equipment are available and/ or maintained.
The Receptionist is responsible for dealing with patient enquiries from both new and existing patients, providing the required information and carrying out associated task within the agreed time frames and to agreed performance standards. Included in this is the answering of incoming telephone calls; responding to enquiries received via e-mail or webform submissions; managing online chats via the website.
The Receptionist will also be required to take payments for treatments and for surgery both as cash payments and using credit card systems and where required will also be involved in issuing gift vouchers.
It is important that the Receptionist uses the company CRM and Patient Administration Systems(PAS) in line with the procedures set out for the management of patients within the company.
As part of the daily duties, the Receptionist will be required to check the systems, that the clinic uses to ensure that routine follow up tasks are carried out and those patient-specific tasks assigned to the reception team are completed on time. Other items such as diary scheduling and management of appointments are critical to ensuring that the company optimises the available time of the practitioners and that the patient is booked in to meet with the most appropriate practitioner for the service they require.
The Receptionist is also part of a broader team and as such will be required to engage with other staff members as required on issues such as customer satisfaction, scheduling & rescheduling of clinics or theatre lists, generating reports, participation at customer satisfaction reviews, team meetings, etc.
The role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Smart personal appearance with a positive disposition.
- Able to prioritise workload whilst providing a professional and positive impression at all times
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- PC literate with intermediate skills on all Microsoft Office packages.
- A strong focus on customer care and engagement.
- An excellent telephone manner
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Working knowledge of Clinic Office software package or a similar PAS
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Familiar with workplace regulations (Health and Safety at Work; Data Protection; Privacy & Dignity, etc).
- Customer Care Training / Experience
- Clerical skills such as touch typing.
Customer Focus & Engagement
- Promote the company and its activities by direct interaction with the patients and their companions (customers).
- Ensure all required information is gathered from the patient and accurately entered into the Company systems in line with procedural requirements.
- Ensure that all engagement tasks with the patients, such a follow up calls and emails, information requests are actioned effectively.
- Put the customer at their ease when dealing with them either in person or via telephone/email / live chat.
- Encourage and assist patients who have engaged with the company to complete Customer Satisfaction surveys and participate in customer feedback sessions.
- Participate as part of the Customer Care team at patient forums and internal meetings.
- Ensure the required software and telephone systems are running effectively at the start of each shift.
- Ensure that all incoming enquiries are effectively logged in the CRM system and that where required the appropriate follow up tasks are set up and actioned.
- Maintain all diaries and clinic appointments effectively on Clinic Office system
- Ensure that the appropriate Minimum Data Set (MDS) is collected for all patients who engage with the company.
- Run maintenance routines on the CRM and PAS as required to ensure that leads are converted effectively or are logged as lost.
- Processing of payments, by whatever method in line with clinic policy, as required
- Where required, involvement in company audits and reviews
- Escalate patient issues effectively and timeously.
- Ensure that any requested information is sent to the patients in the formats requested and take responsibility for ensuring this information is available and if not engage with the appropriate colleagues to have this provided.
- Where required, scan patient notes and correspondence into the patient’s record on Clinic Office and as an appropriate file or destroy originals
- To manage all incoming and outgoing mail
- Proofing, typing and formatting of letters.
- Ensuring supplies are available in your area of control/operation. (Office consumables, cleaning materials, refreshments, printed materials, etc.)
- Undertake reception duties as required to cover for the ‘front of office’ team.
Key Measurements & Deliverables
- > 95% of all incoming telephone call answered within 5 Rings (approx. 15seconds)
- All Incoming Live Chats picked in < 30seconds
- All tasks actioned on the day scheduled.
- Conversions from Enquiry to Consultation
- Surgical >50%
- Non- Surgical >75%
Quality & Business Objectives
- Net promoter score to be maintained at >75%.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction > 95%
- Activity Enquiry Growth of > 25% year on year
- >95% of consultation payments collected to agreed terms
(The above is neither inclusive nor exhaustive and other duties/objectives/goals may be reviewed and changed from time to time as business needs dictate and in agreement with the job holder.)