SPF NOT JUST YOUR SUMMER ESSENTIAL BUT YOUR ALL YEAR ROUND MUST HAVE PRODUCT
We all want flawless, firm, glowing skin forever and incorporating an SPF into your routine will maintain younger looking skin for longer.
SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. This miracle product protects our skin from the suns damaging rays. Most people think that wearing SPF is just for those summer days spent on a beach. We all want that sun kissed glow and this time of year leaves sun worshippers in a dilemma. Even on the cloudiest days, SPF is essential as those UV rays are still around us and can potentially cause damage to the skin. SPF is an essential product and should be incorporated into our daily routine Come rain or shine everyone should be wearing sunscreen all year round. Did you know the minimum daily recommendation for an SPF is 30 which should be worn all year round.
What is UVA, UVB and HEV?
- UVA– This UV ray penetrates deeper into the skin and causes long term skin damage, ageing and wrinkling
- UVB– This UV ray is more superficial and causes reddening of the skin and burning
- HEV-This is High Energy Visible light these rays are emitted from devices such as phones and laptops and can cause ageing and pigmentation
Application of SPF
Applied in the AM – Reapplying is just as important, every 2 hours if directly in sun, swimming, sweating to ensure your skin is fully protected.
Physical SPF Vs Chemical SPF – How to decide the best SPF for you?
- Physical – SPF’S protect the skin, they create a physical barrier between your skin and the sun. These products don’t absorb into the skin but remain on the surface. Physical sunscreens are naturally broad-spectrum and contain zinc/ titanium, protecting against both UVA and UVB rays. The other great thing about zinc/titanium is that it’s less likely to irritate sensitive skin or provoke an allergic reaction. It’s often recommended for the skin conditions such as rosacea and sensitive skins.
- Chemical – SPF’S use UV Filters (Chemicals) and multiple ingredients to get broad spectrum coverage. This allows the product to absorb and penetrate the deeper layers of the skin as well as on the surface to absorb the UV sun rays before they can enter the skin and cause any damage.
Most people avoid wearing sun protection daily because they dislike the greasy, sticky feel and chalky/grey tint that it leaves on the skin. Due to evolving formulas and improved technology, there are plenty of SPF’s that leave your skin looking and feeling great! The choices are endless from lightweight textures, SPF with primers and SPF with slight tints.
At La Belle Forme we offer a wide range of SPF’s from ZO health and Obagi Medical, therefore, you are guaranteed to find something that suits you!
ZO Skin Health SPF Range
- Smart tone-Factor 50 Broad spectrum SPF protects against UVA, UVB and HEV with a 12- hour time antioxidant release. The product is also water and sweat resistant. As well as hydrating the skin the product has a slight tint which matches to your skin tone making it suitable for all skin types.
- Daily sheer –sheer matte finish offering broad-spectrum protection against UVA, UVB and HEV rays whilst hydrating the skin with a 12-hour antioxidant time release. Water and sweat resistant.
- Sunscreen and prime– Factor 30 – sheer matte finish offering broad-spectrum protection against UVA, UVB and HEV rays. A universal tint and a silky matte finish and can be worn alone or with makeup. Helps smooth appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun Spray – Factor 50 broad spectrum sunscreen that protects against UVA, UVB and HEV 12-hour antioxidant release. Non-Greasy and weightless texture. All angle spray which gives even coverage for entire face and body.
- Obagi Medical Sun shield Matte SPF – Factor 50 Universal Matte sunscreen. UVA, UVB. Non Comedogenic and fragrance-free SPF suitable for every skin type. It is also available in cool shade or warm shade which both have subtle tint perfect to wear daily instead of makeup.